Ground Source heat pump with internal Domestic water storage
Green Square installed a 12kw NIBE F1245 ground source heat pump (GSHP) with internal Domestic hot water (DHW) all in one storage unit. We used a horizontal ground loop system requiring approximately 600 sqm of usable ground. Trenches we dug to a depth of 1 mtr spaced 1 mtr apart.
The appliance was placed in an out building close to the main property.
- The reason for deciding on a GSHP was:
- They had plenty of garden space
- They were on costly electric heating
- There mortgage was directly linked to the efficiency rating of the house (EPC)
- The RHI would repay all the capital costs
This new system provided over 70% on there heating costs.