Air Source heat pumps offer the perfect alternative to traditional heating systems catered conveniently to all sizes of properties and businesses through our extensive range of products.Air Source Heat Pumps are incredibly efficient - for every 2.5kW of heat transferred into your home it only uses 1kW of electricity, which is a performance efficiency of 250%.
The way an Air Source Heat Pump works is by simply drawing heat from the air outside, transferring it and then distributing via underfloor heating and radiators. Even when outside temperatures are below zero, 100% of your heating and hot water needs can be generated.A heat pump will keep your home at the temperature you decide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and reduce your heating bills by up to 50%.
Air Source Heat Pump features
- Generate your own renewable energy towards targets
- Reduce running costs and save with the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Simple to design into your building plans
- Easy installation process and to maintain system
- Works either as a stand alone unit or in conjunction with other renewables
- Range of systems available to suit all needs from 4kW to 688kW
How do Air Source Heat Pumps work?
1. The fan forces air over the heat exchanger, which is a copper coil – in order to extract its heat.
2. The evaporator then uses the heat generated by the exchanger to boil the refrigerant, and the act of boiling turns it into vapour, which is then transferred to the compressor.
3. The compressor will then compress the vapour and as the volume decreases, the temperature increases and the as that is generated is run through a heat exchanger within the heat pump.
4. The hot gas then runs through the central heating system, where the cold water condenses the refrigerant back into liquid as it does this, the heat is passed through a heat exchanger supplying your hot water and powering your central heating system.
5. To complete the Air Source Heat Pump circuit, the pressure of the condensed liquid is reduced via the expansion valve.
Air Source Heat Pump ranges at Green Square
At Green Square we offer Nibe, LG Therma, Hitachi and Mitsubishi air source heat pump ranges, providing technology to deliver extremely efficient heating and hot water methods whilst keeping your carbon emissions to a minimum. These systems ensure a simplistic, renewable energy solution that can compete with traditional heating methods at any given time.
As a starter, we always suggest considering the best possible wall insulation, loft insulation and double glazing as these are important factors to keep your home best insulated with renewables – and therefore helping save heating bills.
When initial property development ideas are being drawn up, it’s important to invest in aspects of the building whilst keeping the future in mind. Investing in renewable energy products simply ensures that you can prepare for a more sustainable future, and there’s the added bonus of saving money and cutting usage too. At Green Square we are able to integrate renewable energy products easy into your property plans, taking away the headache of the design process entirely. We want to inform customers about renewables as best as we can and help discuss which renewable products are best for your property.
With our growing network of showrooms, we provide a local expert advisor to help you every step of the way. As a qualified MCS installation company we help guide you through the RHI and FiT process and provide you with an insured parts and labour warranty for years afterwards.
Our renewable energy experts will be happy to discuss the designing, planning and installation process for Air Source Heat Pumps or any of our other products, making it a clear and simple process.
Example Costs and Renewable Heat Incentive Savings for Air Source
This example looks at the costs involved when installing one our 8.3 KW stand alone Monobloc Air Source Heat Pumps into a 2 bed end terrace property as of April 2017. This estimate includes pricing for the plumbing work required across the whole house (including pipe runs, hot water cylinder and installation of 3 radiators in bedrooms as well as one in the first floor bathroom) as well as testing and commissioning of the system.
Green Square take pride in our comprehensive knowledge of the renewable energy market, as well as our extensive technical proficiency and installers available. We want to be able to provide you with clear and accessible information about your preferences. To start with this, it’s best to contact us directly with any queries or questions you may have – it’s easy to contact us on our online form or you can request a call back if preferred on 033 33 707 707.