Over a quarter of homeowners have decided to extend their property in the last three years, and we can offer help and advice on how to make the most of your new or future extension plans. It’s certainly an exciting prospect to add space and value to your property, and this is the perfect time to add renewable technologies to heat your home more efficiently and save money.
Extending your property is the perfect time to add a renewable heating technology to your home - making your heating more efficient, saving you money and reducing your carbon footprint. You could also benefit from the Government's generous money-back scheme for those installing renewables.
You will want your new extension to be cosy and warm, so planning and installing energy efficient renewable heating makes sense as a long term investment in your home.
Let us help you make the most of renewable energy
As a starting point Green Square can look at your existing energy usage, and help you understand the appropriate renewable options available. We can discuss your plans with you, design a renewable system with you and give you full costings. We can also inform you of the Government cash returns available under the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI), which could pay for a large part of your new heating system.
We have experience of local building and planning requirements and can advise you of the potential impact of your location and how your building or land is managed.
As you may already know it’s important to ensure your extension is well insulated so the heat and energy you generate will be maximised and not lost and this could serve as an opportunity to install more insulation for the rest of your property if it is not already in place too.
Ensuring that your new extension has the appropriate renewable energy products in place is key. If you have a large extension you may want to consider moving the whole house on to a reneweable source of heating. We can help with that too.
Here are examples of renewable energy products from Green Square
Biomass Boilers are an all year round solution to heat your entire home.
- Running costs less than traditional fossil fuels
- Home owner has control over fuel costs (off grid)
- Carbon neutral
- Can use current radiator system
- Suitable for 100% of hot water and heating requirements
Biomass stoves burn compressed wood or pellets to create a source of heat.
- A range of contemporary Biomass Stoves available
- Colour matched to any interior design
- High efficiency rating
- Easy to use
- Low maintenance
Air Source Heat Pumps
An Air Source Heat Pump draws in heat from the air outside.
- Reduces your carbon footprint
- Keeps your home at the temperature you decide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Reduces your heating bills by up to 50%
- Collect free energy from the atmosphere
- Provide all your hot water needs
- Reheats your cylinder every time you use hot water.
Solar Thermal Heating
Solar Thermal Heating is an innovative way to capture solar energy from the sun.
- Lower installation cost than typical PV solar for same KW production
- Works all year round
- Low maintenance
- Fully automated
- Excellent as a link in system to biomass
Ground Source Heat Pumps
Ground Source Heat Pumps use buried pipes which extract heat from the ground.
- Transfer heat from the ground.
- Requires minimal maintenance.
- Can provide all heating and hot water needs.
- 3kw of heat uses only 1kw of electricity.
Heatbank Thermal Store
A thermal store is a way of storing and managing renewable heat until it is needed.
- Compatible with all types of domestic boiler
- Uses a single renewable heating technology
- Supports conventional boiler or immersion heater renewable technology
- Compliments stoves and biomass boilers, heat pumps and solar thermal heating systems
A battery storage unit helps you make the most of your electricity generated by solar.
- Allows you to consume the excess power yourself, when you want
- Run your household, charge your car, heat your pool
- Solar is already less expensive than on-grid power
- Electrify your home if it doesn’t have a national grid connection
- Take your home entirely off-grid with minimal fossil fuels
Solar PV works by capturing the sun’s energy using photovoltaic cells and work by converting the sunlight into electricity.
- Cutting your electricity bills
- Get paid for the electricity you generate with the UK government’s Renewable Heat Incentive schemes
- Renewable energy cuts your carbon footprint
- Power generation is silent and unintrusive
- Requires minimal maintenance
Green Square take pride in our comprehensive knowledge of the renewable energy market, as well as our extensive technical proficiency and renewable energy installers available. We want to be able to provide you with clear and accessible information about your renewable energy products. To start with, it’s best to contact us directly with any queries or questions you may have – it’s easy to contact us on our online form regarding any of our products from air source heat pumps to ground source heat pumps, or you can request a call back if preferred on 033 33 707 707.